So excited to share my first post as a member of the Tim Holtz Media Team here on my blog! I had fun mixing it up with Distress Inks, Distress Paints, Layering Stencils and Alterations Dies to create a layout! Here is what I came up with....
I am going to go through the steps I took to design this page and I will share a list of all of the product I used at the bottom of the post.
Here we go!
I carried over my love of sanding Core'dinations Kraft Core from my post HERE on Tim's blog. I started by cutting the paper to size for the layout and then added a smaller sheet of printer paper as a "mask". I sanded around the outer edge to create a simple border.
Here's a closer look.
These Distress Minis are awesome! What an affordable way to collect all of the colors of Distress Ink! And they are perfect to pack up when you go to a crop! You know my line..."Vicki, what colors of Distress Ink do I need?...ALL OF THEM!" Now you make it happen! Anyway, I created a little mosaic with Fired Brick and Mustard Seed in the center of the page. NOTE: the ink takes a while to dry on the Kraft Core...I helped it along with my Heat It tool!
It's all about the layers...so I added the Stars Layering Stencil and lightly tapped some Tarnished Brass Distress Paint through it. I wanted a loose "painterly" look so I was ok with some of the paint going under the stencil. For more control, add the Distress Paint with an Ink Blending Tool. Dry.
Here is the overall pattern. I outlined some of the stars to add a little definition and it helps to ground the page, too.
This Speckles Layering Mask is a favourite of mine...controlled splatter! Love it! I added some "splatter" with the mask and some Mowed Lawn Distress Ink. Remember to dry it!
Here are some of the "bits" for the page. I used Kraft Glassine Paper, Wallflower Paper Stash Vellum and the Garden Greens Alterations Die from Sizzix. To add a little interest to the leaves, I stamped them with text and added a little ink to the edges. Note: I used the second leaf from the die but it isn't pictured.
I created these "gilded" mats by swiping some Tarnished Brass Distress Paint arounf the edges and immediately sprinkling the wet paint with embossing powder and heat setting it. Love this effect!
To make these butterfly embellies, stamp the image with Evergreen Bough (this colour is the BOMB!), sprinkle embossing powder immediately on the wet ink and heat set. While the embossing is still hot, sprinkle with embossing powder again and heat set once more. I find that the embossing gives the stamped image real depth!!
Grunge the Mini Numerals up with a little Pebble Alcohol Ink. Heat set.
I dry brushed this Alpha Parts word with a little Picket Fence and Tarnished Brass Distress Paint.
Here is a look at the page assembled...
I stamped some banners using Tim's #hashtags stamps from Stampers Anonymous, added some stitching and Elements Tissue Tape.
The "water dropplets" are Glossy Accents.
A few more close ups...
Here is a list of the products used:
- Distress Ink: Mowed Lawn, Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, Evergreen Bough
- Distress Paint: Picket Fences, Tarnished Brass
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology- Mini Numerals, Alphaparts Framed, Paper Stash-Wallflowers,Tissue Tape-Elements, Paper Stash- Wallflower Vellum
- Stampers Anonymous Alterations Stamps: #hastags,Going Somewhere
- Stampers Anonymous Alterations Stencils- Stars, Speckles
- Sizzix- French Flight Alterations Stamps, Garden Greens Bigz Die
- Core'nations Kraft Core cardstock
- Pebbles Alcohol Ink
- Tim Holtz Sanding Grip
- Ranger- Heat It Tool, Glossy Accents, Super Fine Clear Embossing Powder
In case you missed my post last week on Tim Holtz blog...here it is...
Make sure to check out Tim's blog on a regular basis! There are some amazing ideas and inspiration brewing over there!!!
Thanks for stopping by!! I will be back soon with the highlights from my visit to My Stamping Studio in Nova Scotia and our visit to PEI! Good times!!!